How to set up Sage 50 job costing - Adding a new job - Support 800.475.1047
First, set up your Sage 50 Job to get job costing ID's available during transaction entry. Use this procedure to set up a new job record:
- Click the Jobs navigation aid in the Customers & Sales Navigation Center and select New Job.
- Sage 50 displays the Maintain Jobs window.
- Enter a new job ID and complete the necessary job information. You can use the Setup Advisor located on the right-hand side of the screen as a guide.
- In Sage 50 Complete Accounting and higher, select the Use Phases to track jobs in more detail check box if you want to use phases for this job. You can access this option later, if you are undecided at this time.
- If you want to enter another job, click Save and New. Otherwise, click Save and close the window
Next, we will post how to record your vendor accounts payable invoices, customer sales invoices and payroll hour to get the expenses allocated to the job.
Finally, we review how to report on Sage 50 job costing.